To play golf at your highest potential requires being in a state where you are balanced in your mental, physical, emotional and spiritual bodies. Everyone needs to seek their own Arousal Level where this happens. Golf is such a difficult game because this state must be maintained over a 4-5-hour period despite multiple inner and outer distractions. And in golf, every shot is counted. That means that every shot must be given your 100% intention and attention as if it is the only shot you will be hitting that day.
One of the ways we found to maintain this balance at tournaments, was using humor to voice how much we love the uniqueness and acknowledge the frustration of the game. After every round, we would get together and take turns telling golf jokes to relieve the tension created during the day.
Following are some humorous quotes that will remind you of why golf is such a mental game. Perhaps reading them will bring a smile to your face and change your state of being.
- If you can’t break 80 you’ve no business on a golf course. If you can break 80 you probably have no business. – Jess Root
- There is no rush. Swing as if you are working by the hour. – Harvey Penick
- If you think it’s hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball. – Jack Lemmon
- Putts get real difficult the day they hand out the money. – Lee Trevino
- The reason a pro tells you to keep your head down is so you can’t see him laughing. – Phyllis Diller
- I know I am getting better at golf because I am hitting fewer spectators. – Gerald R. Ford
- Golf is played by twenty million mature American men whose wives think they ae out having fun. – Jim Bishop
- If you watch a game, it’s fun. If you play at it, it’s recreation. If you work at it, it’s golf. — Bob Hope
- Show me a man who is a good loser, and I’ll show you a man who is playing golf with his boss. – James Murray
- Golf is a game in which you yell ‘fore’, shoot six, and write down five. – Paul Harvey
- Golf is the hardest game in the world to play, and the easiest to cheat at. – Dave Hill
- Don’t get mad at the club; it’s the same one you used to hit that great shot yesterday. – Harvey Penick
- It’s good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.
— Mark Twain
- If your swing is grooved, you can hit the ball with a sack over your head. – Harvey Penick
- The reason they call it ‘golf’ is that all the other 4 letter words were used up. — Leslie Nielsen
- The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight. — Ben Hogan
- It’s tough to play bad when you’re happy on the inside. – Jessica Korda, LPGA
- My number one rule for a friendly round of golf: Make sure my playing partners enjoy their game. I offer tips. I compliment good shots. It’s important to let people know you enjoy their game as well as yours. And then we go enjoy it a little more at the 19th hole. – Arnold Palmer
- Golf puts a man’s character on the anvil and his richest qualities—patience, poise, restraint—to the flame. –- Billy Casper
- I’ve heard people say putting is 50 percent technique and 50 percent mental. I really believe it is 50 percent technique and 90 percent positive thinking. See, but that adds up to 140 percent, which is why nobody is 100 percent sure how to putt. — Chi Chi Rodriquez
- Eighteen holes of match play will teach you more about your foe than 18 years of dealing with him across a desk. – Grantland Rice
- It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. –Robert Lynd
- If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be played far better than it is. – Horace G. Hutchinson
- They say golf is like life, but don’t believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.
– Gardner Dickinson
- If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork as poorly as they do a golf club, they’d starve to death. – Sam Snead
- Golf is a day spent in a round of strenuous idleness. – William Wordsworth
- If you drink, don’t drive. Don’t even putt. – Dean Martin
- If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don’t have to waste energy going back to pick it up. – Tommy Bolt
- Man blames fate for all other accidents but feels personally responsible when he makes a hole-in-one. – Bishop Sheen
- The ardent golfer would play Mount Everest if somebody would put a flagstick on top.
– Pete Dye
- The only time my prayers are never answered is playing golf. – Billy Graham
Play “in the zone” with Joan
Entrain Your Heart & Mind for Peak Performances
To train your brain to play your best golf, listen to Positive Mental Imagery self-hypnosis guided imagery CDs in the privacy of your own home, available at www.pmi4.com/cart
If you aren’t able to maintain trust and belief in yourself on the golf course, email Joan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828.696.2547 for a complimentary 15-minute phone consultation about developing a new strategy. Learn what is missing in your golf game so you can achieve the success you desire.
“THE HEART OF GOLF, Access Your Supreme Intelligence for Peak Performances” explores and explains negative emotions such as fear and performance anxiety, the four Cs of mind blockage, the four progressive stages of learning the supreme intelligence of the heart, and the way to access the zone in competition. It is a player’s guide for developing your true inner self by returning to the joy and love of self instead of seeking praise and rewards from the outside world.
“THE HEART OF GOLF” is a guidebook for transforming your life and golf game
Available now on Amazon and Kindle
All royalties will be donated to Junior Golf!